The goal of advancing efficiency and security, and supporting innovation in financial services depends on interoperability standards. Today, achieving objectives such as improved transaction safety and transparency, increased communications speed and efficiency, and broadening support of payments innovations calls for consensus-led governance, intelligent innovation, and international collaboration.
Afinis Interoperability Standards is a membership-based standards organization that brings together diverse collaborators – through innovative and agile processes – to develop implementable, interoperable and portable standards across operating environments and platforms.
Afinis furthers the work of NACHA’s Payments Innovation Alliance Application Programming Interface (API) Standardization Industry Group (ASIG) to now advance API standardization efforts across the financial services ecosystem through formal governance, and includes the work of the Interactive Financial eXchange Forum (IFX). Afinis provides a community for thought leadership on the shared goals of expanding efficiency, surety, safety and interoperability within the financial services industry.
Afinis collaborates openly and globally, working with groups around the world to share learning, reduce duplicative efforts, and create standards that lessen friction and improve the ability of diverse stakeholders to partner in bringing innovations more quickly to market.
Why Join Afinis?
Afinis members learn from one another for ideation and innovation, and are comprised of thought leaders and leading technologists from financial institutions, fintechs and solution providers, businesses, governments, and nonprofit organizations. Afinis members have a direct influence on the governance life cycle of standardized API products, and members’ work is done collaboratively using common open source solutions such as SwaggerHub, Apigee Edge, Confluence and Jira. Afinis leverages agile sprint planning development methodologies, and Afinis members are among the first to review Afinis standardized code for testing, feedback and early adoption. Afinis follows these agile development methodologies to ensure rapid response to industry needs and to save time for members.
Becoming a member of Afinis Interoperability Standards provides advantages such as:
• The right to vote for adoption of the standards
• Access to standards prior to finalization and market availability
• Early access to standards code for testing and feedback
• Early access to information and updates
• Influence on development priorities and outcomes
• Participation in Program Increment (PI) Planning Meetings and Sprints to progress work efforts
• Collaboration with leaders in the field and obtain recognition as a thought leader
• Ability to be nominated for a board governance seat
• Ability to participate on the Board Nominating Committee
• Afinis members that join in 2018 have the ability to participate in governance formulation
• Ability to reap commercial benefits by representing the work of Afinis at conferences and press briefings, and utilizing Afinis logo
• Complimentary access to the IFX Forum specifications
ABC Financial Services
Actum Processing, LLC
Alkami Technology, Inc.
Association for Financial Professionals
Banco Itau Corpbanca
Bank of America
Cash Flow Solutions
CEDAR Document Technologies
Change the World Fund
Citizens Financial Group
City National Bank
CommunityAmerica Credit Union
Computer Services, Inc.
CUNA & Affiliates
Discover Financial Services, Inc.
Early Warning Services
ECS Fin, Inc.
Enterprise Engineering, Inc. (EEI)
Federation of Tax Administrators
Fidelity Information Services
Jack Henry & Associates
MUFG Union Bank
Navy Federal Credit Union
Oracle America Inc.
Payment Spring, a Nelnet Company
Regions Financial Corporation
Santander Bank, N.A.
Silicon Valley Bank
SWBC, Financial Institution Group
Tata Consultancy Services
Team One Credit Union
The Clearing House